BASIC PURPOSE: Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare overestimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss, and usage per SOP.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High school education or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum one year of food service or related work
Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, flat top grill