To maintain, repair and clean mechanical areas/equipment and to assist other trade mechanics in their duties to ensure a safe, clean and well maintained hotel.
- Work with all trade mechanics as required to help with repairs and maintenance. Must have good mechanical ability and be willing to learn and take direction from trade mechanics. Skill in the use of basic hand and electric tools and familiarity with parts and materials is required. This individual must be able to work in hot, cold and wet conditions and be able to stoop, kneel, crawl and climb on all types of surfaces. The position requires the lifting of tools, equipment or materials weighing up to 75 lbs. Use of ladders and climbing on equipment up to 30 feet high will be required to maintain equipment. Grasping, lifting and holding tools and having good finger dexterity is required.
- Change filters on all supply air fans and fan coil units requiring the ability to grasp hand tools and adjust and maintain equipment.
- Clean and paint all mechanical spaces. Must have the visual ability to identify and match colors for painting color coded steam pipes and identifying color coded electrical wires, and the ability to perform duties in confined spaces and awkward positions.
- Clean ceiling diffusers, return air registers and toilet exhausts. Must climb ladders or use a lift, occasionally working at heights above 30 feet.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Interstate Hotels rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Clean and wash chilled water and steam coils.
- Punch tubes and clean cooling towers.
- Receive deliveries.
- Add chemicals to treat water and sewage systems.
- Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, eg. errands to pick up parts.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Basic knowledge of skilled trade activities in plumbing, carpentry, electrical and mechanical work and painting.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of a variety of skilled trade tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate, simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of shift.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet for extended periods of time, with the ability to extend arms, often times overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 75 lbs waist high.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the functions of the job. High school diploma preferred.