To clean and stock guest rooms to ensure Seelbach Hilton’s high standards of cleanliness.
Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops sponges, brushes, and/or cleaning agents by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens which may require lifting bedspreads weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Respond in a timely manner to guest requests for items such as an iron, safety instructions, assistance, direction, and/or other information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons, activities or hazardous conditions to the Security Department.
- Turn in all items found in employee’s working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting House person when requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees, as well as guests.
- Ability to follow instructions, directions, and meet deadlines, including the thorough cleaning of a minimum of 18 rooms as specified by management.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and ability.
Prefer some previous housekeeping experience.