Our professional Banquet Servers are responsible for the set-up of banquet room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Seelbach Hilton’s high standards of quality.
- Set up banquet room as instructed by Banquet Captain to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function, including guest and hotel expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Banquet Captain to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly bus dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
- Replenish beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Captain’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the requirements of the hotel.
- Perform all assigned side-work to include replenishing condiments and restocking banquet shelves with supplies.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products, as assigned to adhere to health standards.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment.
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Grade school education preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.