The outgoing individual in this role will be responsible for service of beverage and/or food in a friendly, courteous and timely manner, resulting in guest satisfaction.
Checks and maintains proper set-up and cleanliness of service station before, during and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explains all specials, promotions and snacks.
- Takes orders, reciting selection of all call and premium brands as requested, requires memorization of all available drinks.
- Inputs orders into point of sale system to inform bartender an order was made in a timely order.
- Replenishes beverages as requested, frequently checking back with guest to inquire about satisfaction.
- Present the guest with the check promptly, thanking them and inviting them to return, so they will frequent the restaurant again.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Perform general cleaning tasks, using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by your supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested eg., special guest requests.
- Must adhere to all State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, sufficient to understand menus and special promotions. Speak and write the English language to communicate with the guest, and take orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large awkward trays weighing up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment such as a blender.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
No prior experience required. Prior cocktail experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.