BASIC PURPOSE: Clean and sanitize all areas of the kitchen and operate the dish washing machine in a safe, accident-free manner.
- Operate dish washing machine; Maintain organization – proper rack stacking, silver presoaking. (80%)
- Sweep and mop floors. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately. (5%)
- Clean walls, tables, racks sinks, floor mats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. (5%)
- Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by lead steward. (2.5%)
- Empty all trash cans over 3/4 full at end of shift, wash out and return to kitchen. (5%)
- Perform special cleaning projects as assigned. (2.5%)
- Maintain mop station with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms, and proper cleaning solutions.
- Cooperate with restaurant personnel and their needs in order to ensure that guests are taken care of.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education:No formal education required; High School diploma or equivalent desired.
Experience:Previous experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:Operate dish washing machine, Dishware handling, Floor maintenance.
No. of employees supervised:None.
Hours Required:Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.