Public Service Attendant
The Public Space Attendant assures cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain Seelbach Hilton’s high standards of quality.
- Clean and Maintain all Public Area Restroom, Lobby Areas and hotel perimeter.
- Provide cleaning to Food & Beverage areas, and administrative offices.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
- Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture.
- Respond to guest questions, guest request. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions, etc. to the Safety/Security Department.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or am lobby attendants when requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents, and operation of different types of equipment.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security; for example product safety labels and emergency instructions.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. 8th grade education preferred.
- Previous janitorial experience preferred.